The public library is like a huge treasure chest, chock-full of books, magazines, videos, computers, and programs - and it's all available FREE with a library card.
Here are just a few things you may find:
- Librarians who can help you find books about topics that interest your child and are at the right reading level.
- A special kid-friendly section designed just for the children.
- Books come to life during storytime. Ask your librarian for exact days and times.
- Information about child and adult reading programs, and information about tutoring programs for children and adults.
- Computers for you and child to use FREE. You'll find a gold mine online!
Try these websites:
At www.readingrockets.org you can find a list of books just right for your child, get tips from other parents, and more.
Spanish-speaking families can find booklists and information at www.colorincolorado.org .
On www.pbs.org/launchingreaders you'll find lots of tips for helping your child learn to read.
On www.pbskids.org you can link to your child's favorite PBS shows.
More kid-friendly websites can be found at:
Great Websites for Kid's - Brought to you by the American Library Association
Check it out! A library card is really a
passport to adventure!